Articles on this Page
- 01/27/17--02:00: _Alex Paget: What ca...
- 01/30/17--02:00: _Three trust picks f...
- 04/07/17--00:00: _The cheap investmen...
- 04/13/17--03:00: _The first quarter’s...
- 04/19/17--04:00: _Are these discounte...
- 05/23/17--09:00: _The most consistent...
- 05/30/17--09:30: _How the British Emp...
- 07/07/17--00:00: _The global managers...
- 08/15/17--00:00: _The global trusts o...
- 09/15/17--00:00: _The global trusts w...
- 09/28/17--05:00: _The investment trus...
- 10/24/17--03:00: _Baillie Gifford’s P...
- 12/14/17--08:30: _Mid Wynd’s Edelsten...
- 01/17/18--02:00: _Artemis’ Edelsten: ...
- 01/22/18--10:00: _The Japanese tech s...
- 02/05/18--23:00: _Cautious, balanced ...
- 02/06/18--02:00: _Five investment tru...
- 02/14/18--10:00: _Alasdair McKinnon’s...
- 02/20/18--02:00: _Foreign & Colonial’...
- 02/26/18--08:00: _Will the US continu...
- 01/27/17--02:00: Alex Paget: What can trust investors learn from value’s comeback?
- 01/30/17--02:00: Three trust picks for a value comeback
- 04/07/17--00:00: The cheap investment trusts that might be worth another look
- 04/13/17--03:00: The first quarter’s most popular trusts with professional investors
- 04/19/17--04:00: Are these discounted global trusts really a bargain?
- 05/23/17--09:00: The most consistently top-performing trusts over the last decade
- 05/30/17--09:30: How the British Empire trust is navigating the ongoing bull market
- 09/15/17--00:00: The global trusts with the best NAV returns over the last decade
- 09/28/17--05:00: The investment trusts that advisers are flocking to in 2017
- 10/24/17--03:00: Baillie Gifford’s Plowden: The real reason most equities won’t last
- 12/14/17--08:30: Mid Wynd’s Edelsten: Five challenges to be aware of next year
- 02/06/18--02:00: Five investment trust picks for the value investor
- 02/14/18--10:00: Alasdair McKinnon’s three best UK value stock opportunities
- 02/26/18--08:00: Will the US continue to dominate world markets over the next decade?
Investment Trust Intelligence’s Alex Paget finds out what has been driven the recent resurgence of the value investing style.
Following on from Friday’s blog, research analyst Alex Paget tells FE Trustnet which trusts he believes are best equipped to benefit from the recent market rotation into value.
In the first of a two-part series FE Trustnet looks at the investment trusts on wide discounts that may be poised for a bounce this year.
We find out which investment trust sectors were popular with fund pickers in the first three months of the year and which products they were researching.
FE Trustnet speaks to a number industry commentators about several trusts in the IT Global sector which have outperformed the FTSE All World index and their average peer over five years but are trading on discounts.
Research from the AIC has found that one-quarter of the consistently top closed-ended vehicles over 10 years have a UK focus, while a further 25 per cent have a global remit.
Joe Bauernfreund, who runs the £999m trust, tells FE Trustnet which areas of the close-ended fund universe he is seeing the best opportunities in as markets “climb a wall of worry”.
FE Trustnet looks at how managers in the IT Global sector have got on since taking over their investment trusts in 2014.
FE Trustnet continues its review of the investment trusts on the widest or tightest discounts relative to their own history, moving on to the IT Global and IT Global Equity Income sectors.
FE Trustnet takes a closer look at the global strategies among the best trusts for delivering net asset value returns.
Monks, 3i Infrastructure and HarbourVest Global Private Equity have seen the biggest increase in research from the investment trusts sectors attracting the most interest from advisers.
Charles Plowden, manager of the £1.6bn Monks Investment Trust, explains why dividend culture and short termism will spell the end for most stocks.
Mid Wynd International Investment Trust’s co-manager Simon Edelsten outlines five challenges that investors could face in 2018.
Mid Wynd International Investment Trust manager Simon Edelsten explains why he focuses on capital preservation, even if the trust misses out on some returns.
Simon Edelsten, manager of Mid Wynd International Trust, explains why he has ditched tech giants Facebook and Amazon and bought Japanese automation stocks.
FE Trustnet asks the experts which funds would complement the top performing Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust.
After Kepler Trust Intelligence’s Alex Paget called on investors not to abandon the value style, the analyst highlights five investment trusts with value-tilts for 2018.
The Scottish Investment Trust manager outlines the three best UK value stock ideas in the portfolio currently across a range of different buckets.
The manager of the Foreign & Colonial Investment Trust says the US economic cycle can continue into 2019 at least.
Market commentators outline whether the US can continue to be the dominant force for world markets and the global economy over the next decade.